Saturday, 18 February 2012

adding a bit of colour

ok so people have been asking me to explain things a bit more, so as well as adding my works for sale here i will write a bit about my thoughts and processes.



so my painting from the other day, starting to add some colour to the black and white, so i added yellow, yellow, is one of my favourite colours, Yellow is the color of sunshine. It's associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy, but sometimes it has a disturbing effect, black and yellow are used as warning colours, yellow is also associated with cowardice. This painting is exactly about what i have titled it, Bearer of bad news, i knew i was going to hear something that was going to make me sad, yellow and black appear as a warning, a warning of me to expect it, to feel, and go with what happens. I will not go further in to explaining the figures and words as they are just representational of inner emotions that communicate an overall feeling in the painting.

Bearer of bad news
15 x 1l inches on paper


No comments: