Thursday, 11 August 2016

GTS round 1



I signed up for lilla Rogers early bird GTS global talent search quite a while ago and had forgotten about it...the first assignment showed up in my email and i kind of forgot about it...i am in the process of selling my house so things have been a tad crazy for me...i had been participating in the lilla rogers boot camp when i could, to try and keep my creativity going...
Then these amazing snippets of everyone's entries started showing up in my fb feed via the bootcamp page....i got inspired and decided to give it a go....
I read the brief and started to gather ideas. I find it so hard to try and keep to my own style as i get influenced by so many artists work, i start doubting my abilities, criticising everything i do, then i remembered what Lilla had said in one of her videos....People buy your joy!
So i had words with myself, took the pressure off and found the joy in what i was doing!

here is my process...

this was my little painting that first inspired me...






i then set about thinking about the tea cup saucer and napkin design and lettering


i stuck it all together on photoshop and played around with colours until i came up with something i liked..



i really enjoyed doing this, it was a great lesson for me to keep to my style and remembering that your joy show up in your work
so.....



No comments: